Notional Monthly Update - August 2021

Teddy Woodward
Teddy Woodward

Welcome to the first edition of the Notional Monthly Update! You can also follow the latest news on Twitter or join the Notional community on Discord!

It's been a big month, and we're just getting warmed up for our upcoming V2 launch! With the Code Arena audit contest wrapping up September 9 (you've still got time to hunt for bugs), and audits and formal certifications coming back soon from ABDK and Certora, we have October 4 in our sights as launch day for V2.

Whats New on Notional V2? ⬇️⬇️⬇️

Code Arena Audit Contest

The BIGGEST-ever audit contest ever held by Code 423n4, aka Code Arena, is being sponsored by Notional and is running now until 9/6. When it comes to security, we mean business.

  • Code Arena is an audit contest with a 150,000 USDC + 50,000 NOTE guaranteed bounty - freelancing security specialists hunt for bugs. The bigger the prize, the more eyes on the code, which is why we upped the ante.
  • Prior to the contest, we opened up the Notional V2 docs and codebase to the public to anyone interested.

👉 Join the Code 423n4 Discord for contest details 👈

v2 Update

-We are REALLY excited to share updates with you over the next month, and we've got a lot coming down the pipeline in anticipation. We'll be announcing the testnet, new UX, developer SDX, airdrop claim tool, the $NOTE token launch and more in the run-up to Oct 4. Make sure you're following us on Twitter to get the announcements as soon as we make them!

-We've already released a series or technical walk-through videos and blog posts to help guide anyone interested in diving deep into the V2 code go through the main topics and points of interests. Read the full open-sourcing post here.

#NotionalBlitz Community Art Contest Results

Notional Blitz #2 - Merchandise Design Contest ($$)

We loved seeing what the community came up with for the first contest, so we're launching another one! With the imminent release of V2, we're in need of some 🔥🔥🔥 merch. We're leaving this assignment pretty open-ended:

-Create an awesome design for whatever swag you think Notional should produce first - t-shirt, hoodies, socks, hat, notebooks...whatever speaks to you.

-You can incorporate the winning design from #NotionalBlitz 1 in some way - or not. (But we don't just want to see the little guy copy/pasted on a t-shirt rendering).

-Post your submission on the #notional-community channel in our Discord with at least one sentence explaining what the design represents to you.

-Tweet @notionalfinance with your design and explanation and include the hashtag #NotionalBlitz

PRIZE POOL: $1000 USDC + 1000 $NOTE  
75% of the contest rewards will be given to the 1st place winner determined by the Notional team. The remaining 25% of the rewards will be given to honorable mentions that participated in the contest.
Submission Dates: Monday Sep. 6 - Sunday 19

Notional in the News

A roundup of Notional media mentions and appearances by the core team.

The Ones in the Arena: Notional Finance
Notional Finance lets you lend or borrow crypto assets at fixed rates on Ethereum, via a decentralized protocol — a significant upgrade to…
The Lowly Fixed Income Interest Rate is the Magical Motor DeFi Needs - The Defiant - DeFi News
Have you watched Howl’s Moving Castle from Hayao Miyazaki? If you haven’t, please go check it out, it’s an amazing movie. As the name suggests, a magical castle roams across the landscape on a pair of spindly legs. I find quite a parallel between this wonderful contraption and DeFi. The castle, dev…
Towards a Secure DeFi | AIS2021
The world is experiencing a paradigm shift with decentralized finance expanding rapidly. Basic due diligence and security protocols can hasten the evolution ...

About Notional Finance

Notional is the first decentralized, Ethereum-based protocol for borrowing and lending at fixed rates and fixed terms. Today, DeFi can only serve a small segment of the crypto lending market because variable interest rates don’t provide the certainty that lenders and borrowers require. Notional fixes this by creating a true market for lenders and borrowers that democratizes and empowers individual investors, business owners and institutional investors.

After raising a $10 million Series A in May 2021 from some of the top VC firms, including Coinbase Ventures, Notional’s protocol will be re-launched with a much-anticipated V2 in Q3 2021 with a host of new features and use cases.

To find out more, follow Notional on Twitter @NotionalFinance, subscribe to the newsletter, join the Discord, or check out the website to learn more.

Monthly Updates

Teddy Woodward

Co-Founder and CEO